First, I want to apologize for the goofy mishap last week with the menu. I didn’t have time to work on it throughout the week on my workday lunch breaks, and when I got home on Friday, I realized I had no access to my computer at work. It’s a long, boring story, but I had accidentally deactivated remote access to my work iMac…wop, wop… So–there’s no actual menu file from last week (because I honestly don’t have the time to go back and make it), but you can get every one of the recipes I used on the last menu from my Week 21 Pinterest Board.
So that’s out of the way…
HI! It’s Week 22! Are you ready? I’m not feeling overly-motivated! Or rather, I’m anticipating a severe lack of cooking motivation this weekend because it’s a THREE! DAY! WEEKEND! Exciting stuff. I’m going to keep it pretty simple. I have quite a bit of food stored in my freezer–here’s a little inventory:
- 1 pan of Spicy Chicken and Spinach Enchilada Stuffed Shells from last week
- 1 pan of macaroni & cheese from I couldn’t even tell you which week…it’s been in the freezer for a minute
- 12ish Sweet Peanut Butter Muffins from Week 20
- 6 portions of Vanilla French Toast from every single week, since I make it every Saturday with leftover bread
- 8ish Banana Banana Muffins from Week 19
- 12ish Spinach Lasagna Rolls from Week 17
- 6 individual portions of Carrot Cake Oatmeal from Week 19
- 6 Low Sugar, Whole Grain Blueberry Orange Muffins from Week 17
- 1 Braised Beef Roast (for tacos) from ages ago, that never made it into the crock pot
So…I have quite a bit to choose from, and breakfast is pretty well covered in our house at the moment. For that reason, I’m basically leaving the breakfast meals untouched this week, and I’ll just repeat what I did last week (and incidentally the week before). However, I am running low on oatmeal, so I’m going to make a batch of Blueberry/Raspberry Baked Oatmeal this weekend so I can have it on-hand in the freezer (and baby girl can eat it one day during the week).
Monday is a holiday, so I technically don’t have to make a menu for the baby, since she’ll be home. However, it makes my life much easier if we have a menu in place so that I don’t have to scramble for her meals. Even though I don’t meal plan for the weekends, I usually have at least a mental plan of what we’re going to eat on the weekends as well. I guess it stresses me out less if I’m somewhat prepared.
Surprise! This week, I’m most excited about the Hoisin Pork with Rice Noodles.
…which means that meat is back in the game, friends! I love me some second trimester!
Here are the new recipes for this week:
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pancetta & Cream
- Potato Chip Crusted Chicken Tenders with Spicy Ranch Dip(I plan to double this recipe so I can freeze some for the future).
- Hoisin Pork with Rice Noodles
- Blueberry-Raspberry Baked Oatmeal (you might have some of this left in your freezer still, but we ate all of ours because it’s yummy.)
Here are the recipes that I am pulling from my freezer (but make sure to add them to your grocery list if they aren’t stocked in your freezer already):
- Sweet Peanut Butter Bread
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Banana Banana Bread Recipe – Food.com – 25885
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls | Skinnytaste
- Vanilla French Toast Recipe
I hope that everyone has a FANTASTIC, LONG, WONDERFUL holiday weekend!